How to change my TeamViewer ID
TeamViewer is the top solution for setting up the remote access to PCs, laptops, tablets and even mobile phones with just a few clicks. The application offers incredible functionality for plenty of operations through the remote connection, as well as it contains numerous functions for taking part in presentations, meetings and communication when you are far away from the needed machine. Currently, you may use all the app’s utilities with no limits. The tool is amazingly easy to use and is understandable by both beginners and experienced IT gurus. However, users often wonder how to get new TeamViewer ID on their devices. Below you will find some tips on how to perform this operation with minimum efforts.
What should I do to change my TeamViewer ID?
- First of all, you will need to download software called Change ID TeamViewer and then launch it as an Administrator
- The next step is to choose your network connection
- Choosing Run will open a special dialogue. Click Yes to continue.
- After that you will see a following window:
- When you see the dialogue window as on the screen above, your operation is successful. Now close the window and Restart your machine to make the changes come into effect.
That’s all! Now you’ve got a new ID and can continue working easily.
– For Windows 8, 8.1, 10 performing this kind of operation can delete some documents and apps on your Desktop.
This method is really effective, but still has some significant drawbacks.
We highly recommend the number 2 method to generate a new TeamViewer ID.
- First of all, you will need to remove TeamViewer installation, and all the other folders with similar name in your profile folder, as well as all your temporary files (no, that is not mistake!)
- Change your PC name, but do not do reboot.
- Change your account (or user) name, but still do not reboot.
- Delete your network adapters, both wireless and cable from the device manager.
- Reboot windows system immediately before it detects a new hardware.
- Install TeamViewer once again and you get a new ID.
Both methods are easy-to-use and do not require any additional skills, however, the number two method is much more preferable.