How to uninstall TeamViewer on Mac OS
In macOS or MacOS X the special uninstall function is embedded into TeamViewer, which allows to easily remove the program from the TeamViewer settings. The detailed removal feature is explained below. The developers added this loophole into all the TeamViewer versions starting from 9 and later.
How to apply automatic uninstall procedure?
- run the described program and select the product menu in the upper left corner of the screen, then make a tap on menu item, named as Preferences
- move to tab Advanced
- scroll lower on the form and checkup “Also delete configuration files” check box. Use this checkbox if you are sure, that you need this exactly
- tap the button Uninstall. From now TeamViewer program is totally removed from your Mac OS X operational system.
Occasionally it may occur, that TeamViewer cannot be removed automatically using explained above principle. In this case you will have to uninstall the product and all of its settings files in manual mode. Here goes the exact algorithm how to bring it into life.
After that you ought to drop the files, responsible for configuration, in manual way, using the following methodic:
- reveal a new form Finder and switch to the catalog entitled as User (you may apply the hotkey combination Comnd - Shift - H)
- in case you use MacOS X version of 10.9 or later, pick the item View and select the option Show View Options (instead, the Comnd-J combination can be used). Check up the checkbox Show Lirary Folder, and after that minimize the window View Options
If you apply OS X of version 10.9 in the daily work or lower, reveal a terminal form instead and enter the defined lower command: chflags nohidden ~/Library/
After performing the defined steps, you will see, that the folder named Library appeared in the folder User
- after that switch to Library, and afterwards navigate to Preferences. In this folder seek and drop all files with the extension “.plist”, the name of which starts with “com.teamviewer”. There can be a few of them
- move back to the folder User, and once more select the View context menu list, check the item Show View Options, and remove the checkbox from the option Show Lirary Folder for the sake of safety by default, it has to be removed
- at last, switch to the logical disk named as Hard Drive. It can also be named as “Macintosh Hard Drive” or “OS X”. If it is not accessible on the left part of the form, roll the menu Finder and choose Preferences. After that navigate to the tab Sidebar and set the option Hard Disks as enabled. At this moment you ought to notice the device corresponding to the hard disk on the panel.
- make a click on the newly displayed device, and then switch to Library -> Preferences. Seek for the objects that have “.plist” extension and start with “com.teamviewer” title. If there is at least one, drop it.
At last all the config files of the TeamViewer tool are dropped, as well as the application file. Thus, you already know, how to remove TeamViewer from Mac OS.