How to make video conference on TeamViewer
TeamViewer is an ultimate program product, which allows to control distant PC remotely: to gain access to its desktop and disk structure, as well as to configure the environment settings and services in the operational system. This app contains a lot of useful options and functions, among which is an opportunity to make video calls. In this article I will provide the detailed instruction how to make video call on TeamViewer, how to set it up, how to add additional members of the conference and how to share your desktop screen to the video conference partners.
The similar function is embedded into multitude of applications, designed to handle video conferences between several persons simultaneously: Skype, Google Hangouts, Viber. But in TeamViewer you can show the desktop of your PC to the conference members, and such a feature is available in not many of the mentioned products, far from it.
It’s very easy to manage video conference in TeamViewer. Just by clicking several buttons, you will create the video meeting and operate with it properly. Here’s the first method, how to do it:
- login into your account in TeamViewer and reveal the “Computers & Contacts” subform
- make a right click on one of the online contacts and choose the “Video call” in the new appeared context menu
- after clicking the defined button, the confirmation will be sent to the selected user. A specific message will appear with the corresponding notification, stating that the user needs to accept your request in order to arrange a video call. The message is displayed in the lower corner of the screen
- as soon as your friend or customer accepts the invite, the video call will instantly start
- in order to invite new participants, use the following algorithm: click on the “Invite participants” graphical button, i.e. on the “Plus” sign. As a result, the several methods will appear, which allow you to send an e-mail to the contact or get access right to the “Computers & Contacts” subform. There you may select the proper contact, with whom you wish to connect.
- if you want to share your screen with the members of the call, simply click the “Share screen” button on the upper part of the form
As you may see this methodic is absolutely elementary and easy. You won’t lose much time while setting up the video connection, and the result will be definitely worthy of all your efforts.
The 2-nd method uses absolutely different mechanics. Here it goes:
- in the main application form open the “Meeting” tab
- click the “Video call” button in the central part of the window
The same form with video-connection appears, where you may attach a new subscriber, share screen, arrange a standard text chat, share the files and perform other functions.
Video-calls is a very interesting and suitable functionality, without which TeamViewer could not be so popular and fancy. Try using video conference on TeamViewer for yourself in order to ensure in its in-depth abilities and fit design.